Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's not you, its myspace...

I did a speech in undergraduate about how leaving your cell phone at home is the psychological equivalent of forgetting to put on your pants. You just feel naked without it. You also feel like you are missing everything. These days it's more like having your hand actually cut off, because you will literally try to use it a million times and always forget you don't have it. But this entry isn't about cell phones. It's about myspace.

Nowadays not being able to check myspace is like not watching 90210 was in third grade. You feel like you missed everything, and everyone keeps saying stuff about myspace that you haven't seen yet. Myspace is making us all attention whores. We need instant feedback about everything. People actually send out bulletins about how they need picture comments or they updated their page. Should I really care that you have a new background on your page? Do you really need me to tell you that you look hot in that pic to feel good about yourself? I think we may be too connected if that is the case. I may need a chance to miss you.

My grandparent's literally can't comprehend the internet, but if they could they would probably think it was intrusive. Which it sort of is, I mean, what's the point of knowing everything about someone or what they are doing every single second of the day? I mean I have a blog, a facebook, a myspace, email, AIM and my cell phone rings countless times a day. Aren't I just at your beck and call? I think we need some space. No not MYspace just SPACE. Thanks.

No comments: