Friday, August 25, 2006

Do I know you?

Sometimes I feel like I've met the same person a hundred times. Everyone reminds me a bit of someone else. It's kind of like--no two snowflakes are the same, but don't they all look pretty much alike when you look at them. It's good b/c maybe you can take a little bit about what you like in a lot of people and find it all in one person. It's bad b/c what if you find yourself liking someone for who they remind you of, but then they aren't that person.

Worse, sometimes I feel like I have been and am at least ten different people. Some people want a person that I'm not anymore, and that sucks because they won't get it. Some people want someone else's Girl Friday and they won't get that either.

It takes a very long time to see the whole of anyone but, in the end, that's what sets sets them apart from the pieces of everyone else.

No comments: