Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Seriously stressed!

It occurs to me that my posts have become a bit opinioned lately and the tone has become, dare I say...a bit superior. This, of course, is not my intent. I may or may not have mentioned before that I love discussion (lawyer anyone?); however, I also have a tendency to think I'm right. As a consequence of that tendency, I may, from time to time express my opinions as fact. For me, being opinionated is something i try to rein in whenever possible. Lately I may have been lax in that duty.

That being said I'd like to talk about a more objective subject today...stress.

It's coming up on finals time here in "law school land" and everyone is getting a bit stressed, even me. I am not a very "stressed" person, but I think the volume of work combined with the time constraints around here could get to anyone. For me, stress manifests itself in a constant nagging feeling that reminds me of the huge mountain of things to accomplish in such a short amout of time. This impedes any relaxation I may try to accomplish. Furthermore it results in fitful sleep, because I dream about schoolwork, and makes it harder to get to sleep, because my head is buzzing.

I remember when I was younger math would give me fits (not literally). Around test time I would have dreams about having to do math problems all night long. I'd wake up more tired than when I went to sleep. Maybe my stresses show up in my dreams, because i attempt to supress stressful feeling in everyday life. I don't know, I'm a law student not a psychology student.

I'm looking forward of that feeling of all the weight of finals being lifted off my shoulders Countdown to last final exam (December 16) = exactly one month from today. Wow thats a long time and a really short time too. I dread and look forward to that day in equal measure at this point.

No comments: