Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Slipping, slipping, slipping into the future

Time is no man's friend.

It is not within your control. You do not employ time it employes you, and it is quite the bastard boss.

It seems that time is always making fools of us. There is always too much or too little time. Never just enough. Never the perfect amount of time.

The Bible says that there is a time for everything but note that it doesn't say there is enough time. It may be time to reap, but that doesn't mean that you will be able to finish the reaping before its time to sow.

Time sucks because it always makes us feel like we are laboring through life. If we waste it we feel guilty. If we lose it we feel sad. If we enjoy it we wish for more. Time is insufficent. It leaves us wanting.

See we are fools. Fools for living life under the perameters of a concept with we created only so that it could torment us. Fools for letting things we can't control dictate our lives. Fools for putting stock in minutes instead of relative quality of life.

From where I am sitting I can see three clocks. Twelve numbers all telling me what I should be doing and what I no longer have time to do and how long I have before there is something new I have to do. Numbers telling me how long I've wasted writing this blog entry.

There are so many ways to mark the passage of life and yet we are just sadistic enough to pick the one that's laughing its ass off at us.

No comments: