Monday, November 27, 2006

A little late

So I thought I would do a post about the things I am thankful for. It's a little past Thanksgiving, but I figure it's always a good time to be appreciative of the things that make life nice.

Things I am thankful for...

1. Television

Seriously. Thank God for TV. I am so happy to have escaped covicts, genetically evolved superheros, regular superheros, lostaways, dramatic highschoolers, rich dramatic highschoolers and much, much more at my fingertips. I think if I had to choose between television and running water it would be a toss up.

2. Breaks

I hear we in America take a lot less vacations then everyone in the rest of the world. That doesn't really make sense though b/c we are still the laziest and fattest nation in the world. How does that work? Maybe it has something to do with the above. Screw it, who cares, this post is supposed to be about thankfulness.

3. Latinos, the Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Italian and Thai.

Where would we be without ethnic food? Imagine if all we had to eat was burgers, mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. Okay well it sounds bad to me.

3 and 1/2. Peppers

I am thankful for peppers because I hate bland food.

4. A boring family

I'm glad we are boring b/c that means we are doing well and are happy. It may be more exciting to have a family who yells and fights and chases each other with the carving knife but I'll take my nice boring family.

5. Jesus

If all he did was give us Christmas that would be enough, but the whole salvation thing was really the icing on the cake.

6. The Internet

It killed wonder and I now happily have a lot more time to think about other stuff. Like celebrity break-ups and how hot Johnny Depp is.

7. Laws

Because someday I'm going to make a lot of money helping others circumvent them.

8. The Mall

Because shopping makes everything all right.

9. Politicians

Because without them my family would only have Religion to talk about at the dinner table. Believe me you prefer the political discussions.

10. Frat Parties

Without them my parent's love may never have blossomed and I might not exist.

No comments: