Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The mystery continues...

We had a moment of silence for the law student who died over the weekend (see post below for backround) in my first class today. It was good for the teacher to acknowledge the loss, but she did it at the beginning of class which was kind of a mistake. People were walking in a couple seconds late to a classroom full of absolute silence and bowed heads. That would be freaky, I have no clue what I would have thought had I been one of them. I do think I would have had the presence of mind to remain quietly at the back of the classroom until action resumed. This one chick just busted right in and stomped over to her seat and slammed her bag down, you would think she might have caught on that something serious was happening. Anyway, it's hard to honor someone you know nothing about in a moment of silence. All I could think was, I hope he didn't commit suicide. Nice right?

No one has told us how he died yet, which kind of makes me think the worst. I'm a pessimist like that though.

No comments: