Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's beginning to look slighly a little more like...

Home Alone was on TBS today. I'm not counting this as the first Christmas movie sighting of the year, but it is definitely a sign or some type of foreshadowing. It's an omen that How the Grinch Stole Christmas is on the horizon. It's like hearing an owl hoot in the daytime or whatever other creepy sign or legand tells you something horrible is coming.

It's the GRIM! (Harry Potter reference, please feel free to ignore.)

So we are now on high alert. We are orange, or whatever color it is that is bad. Constant Vigilance! (Sorry more Harry Potter.)

Also the movie Prime. Love it. It makes you want to be in a relationship with the wrong person so you can have that whole I love you enough to walk away thing going on. So dramatic.

I saw The Prestige this weekend. Very good, but once again Scarlett Johansen adds nothing to a movie. I just don't get her acting career. It seems like she takes every role that comes along and most of the time it should be some nobody playing the part that she decides to take for some unknown reason. I just IMDBed her to see if she's even been in a good movie and found out that she was in Home Alone 3. How ironic is that? In case you were wondering she has been in some good movies (In Good Company) to which she contributed nothing and some bad movies (Match Point) to which she contributed a lot. So to recap she plays unimportant roles in good movies and lead roles in bad ones. I guess this is why I have been convinced that I like her although after I see her movies I always wonder where i picked up that notion. Sounds like Ben Affleck.

I think Christian Bale is one of my new favorite actors. I loved Batman Begins and he was great in The Prestige. And then of course he was The American Psycho, which you were bound to forget until someone reminds you. Then you are like, "Damn, why am I at all surprised I like him?" Or maybe that's just me.

No comments: