Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reasons not to blog...

Hi there! Remember me? If you are reading this your are probably 1) my mom 2) really loyal 3) lost (Sorry!) 4) someone who knows me in real life (Gasp! It scares me that you are here.) 5) looking for things to do before you turn 18. Seriously- that last one, responsible for over half of the visitors to this here modest blog. Google searches for things to do before you turn 18 directing visitors to this post. Yes, I know, you are disappointed.

Anyway- where were we? Reasons not to blog. Just an innocuous little list, not in any way related to the fact that I haven't posted a character to this site in about six months. Certainly shouldn't be construed as a list of excuses. I am above excuses people.

1. You don't have time. I mean like say, hypothetically, you move back to your home town and start a new job. And say, hypothetically, you have almost no idea what you are doing at said job and figuring that out can take some time. Say in fact, hypothetically OF COURSE, that really the only thing you actually know how to do in life is go to school with healthy intermittent seasonal vacations- I mean HYPOTHETICALLY.

2. You can't really talk about anything in your life. Like maybe you have the sort of job that has confidentiality requirements. Or perhaps your friends have discovered your blog- like, really, they are possibly reading it right now.

3. You are super busy procrastinating. I mean you have A LOT of other blogs to read and, the Twilight saga- that shit ain't gonna read itself four times. Also, television, it's a big commitment. How are you supposed to be a productive member of society if you don't know who got kicked off Project Runway or what Speidi are fighting about this week? This is serious stuff.

4. You are too busy making excuses. It really does take a lot of time and effort to make up say, HYPOTHETICALLY, six months of excuses for not writing on your blog.

Of course I'm just presenting these reasons for your information and enjoyment. Clearly I have no reason not to blog- that's just ludicrous. Of course I'll be blogging. I'll be back tomorrow. You believe me don't you?

No comments: