Thursday, June 15, 2006

You are welcome!

A fellow blogger presents a question: What is the most important thing you've ever learned and how did you learn it?

Once you begin to think about it, this is clearly the hardest question that has ever been posed by man. Okay I may be exaggerating, but I think to answer the question in its current form is much too difficult or possibly much too simple. You can choose. Really, without any parameters to the question, the most important thing you've ever learned is probably something like how to speak, or walk, or read. So, in true lawyer form, I'm going to change the question to one I like better before I answer it.

What is the most important thing you've learned ABOUT LIFE and how did you learn it?

It's not quite as profound but it is far more managable. The most important thing i've learned about life I learned from my mother at a very young age and it is: LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

Now before you start crying like I did when I was five, I must insist you suck it up and accept this. It's true and it will help you. First of all it will help you not to be one of those damn whiners that everybody hates. Secondly, I have to tell you that becoming a hopelessly jaded pessimist now really saves time and disapointment in the future. Also, if you expect to get screwed over in life then you may be more willing to take responsibility for your mistakes. This will keep you from becoming one of those damn excuse-makers that everybody hates. Finally this knowledge may help you someday when you, as I have, decide to become part of the problem. I expect the knowledge that I'm manipulating a flawed legal system instead of corupting a good one will really help me sleep at night.

Now you all can say the most important thing you learned about life you learned from me.

No comments: