Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Born & Raised in the Boondocks

I was raised in a small town in the Ozarks of Missouri. Cassville, population 2000, one school, two grocery stores, one fast food resturant until 1997...one great place to grow up. By virtue of my small town roots I have had the pleaure of:

1. Attending a fish fry in a milk barn.

2. Attending a barn dance in a regular barn.

3. Playing in the woods.

4. Attending K through 8th grade in the same school building.

5. Have my Kindergarten teacher be my Sunday school teacher and my neighbor.

6. Having my father be several of my best friends' parents' boss.

7. Having seen the interior of a chicken plant.

8. Been in a car driven by a thirteen year old with parents' permission to do so.

9. Been to countless rodeos.

10. Been freinds with someone who goat ropes.

11. Been friends with an auctioneer.

I think most of these are experiences I wouldn't have had in a city. I have a special place in my heart for hick towns and good ole' boys.

No comments: