Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Procrastination

I have a torts paper due tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. Originally I wanted to have it done before fall break started...last Friday. By that time I had barely started. New goal: really hit it hard on Monday. On Monday I worked on it for about an hour and a half. New goal: get up at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday and get started early. I didn't get up until after 10:30 a.m. It is now 10:35 p.m. and I only have a page written. It isn't even a particulary good page. It is going to be a long night. So consider Myth #1 invalidated. Law students are not superachievers. They are pulling the same all-nighters as everyone else. Incidentally I have worked for several attorneys and they were always pulling things together at the last minute. Everyone hates to do what they hate to do and everyone puts it off until the last possible minute. We all put our pants on one leg at a time...well when we have to that is.

No comments: