Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Inspiration

So I've been told this blog is funny. It's a lot of pressure to write something people want to read everyday (if you want proof then look at my last entry). I haven't been feeling particularly witty lately or up to entertaining anyone so I haven't written in awhile. Inspiration is a funny thing, normally to get inspired I need to see something inspiring. Wow that sure is deep (yes i know what you are thinking...duh!). Still, I dabble with writing stories, poetry and even occassionally art (although that particular medium would be better off without me). I usually feel like writing when I see or read something that impresses me or makes me think. Even a particulary good song will get the creative juices flowing. Sometimes when I know I really should make an entry but I'm not feeling very inspired I'll just read other blogs until one sparks something. More often then not if I can't be inspired then I can't write anything that is worth a crap.

Sometimes
that makes me feel unoriginal, because you should be able to inspire yourself right? Still I'm boring and everyone out there in the great wide world is interesting so why shouldn't that inspire me. So I guess what I'm saying is individual art, at least for me, is a matter of joint creativity. I'm glad there are lots of talented and different people out there because they help make my life interesting.

No comments: