Thursday, September 06, 2007

Here lies GirlFriday. Beloved worrier.

When I am an attorney no matter how much I inflate my time, no matter how many 15 minute letters I write in 5 minutes my clients will all be getting a deal. How is that possible? It's possible because I won't be able to bill them for all 24 hours in the day and thats how much of my time I'll be spending worrying about their case. I may be able to raise my hourly rate to compensate for the zits and the ulsters and constant gnawing dread, but I doubt it. You can't put a price on sanity or clear skin.

I'm here to tell you that this semester of law school might actually kill me. I may die of worry. If I do not die then I will need many, many more tubes of concealer. Trial Ad or as I prefer to call it- 2 hours of class, 6 days and 22 hours of torturous anxiety- might alone have been enough to make me pull out all my hair and walk around campus throwing it at people shouting, "Objection!" Luckily I get to combine this never ending party with the looming prospect of Hooding aka Graduation aka the point when I have to find a way to trick some unsuspecting law firm into hiring me. I would say kill me, but clearly that would be redundant.

No comments: